The was a quick turn-around secondary research project aimed at providing background information and analysis to company executives who were scheduled to meet with high level members of a sovereign government to discuss long term business opportunities. In addition to an overview of the local business practices and social customs, the research included a detailed discussion of the personal background information of government officials, including the newly-elected president, vice president, cabinet ministers, and other leaders. The research also reviewed and analyzed expected policy initiatives; provided a synopsis of the challenges facing the new administration; and examined several of the high profile projects.
- The executives departed for the meeting with a detailed knowledge of the government officials and the politics of the recent election
- Biographical information on each cabinet level official was provided to facilitate conversations about families and personal topics, which is considered polite and appropriate in that particular culture
- The executive team was furnished with knowledge and awareness of the local business customs and practices
- The executive team was briefed on the current political climate and issues within the host nation and provided with advanced knowledge of the political goals of the newly-elected leaders
- The executives were provided with the necessary information to support strategic decision making